People and all this need need for control! Submit to your husband so you can control him; love your wife so you can control her. Control. Control. Control. So hungry to control a whole human being that you did not create. You have not finished controlling yourself, you want to control a whole dear adult whom you forget has lived and experienced a WHOLE life before he or she ever met you! Dear writer of this piece of foolery, how can you even think that a wife submitting to her husband will give her the right or ability to control him? Is he a piece of machine… a robot, some senseless, mindless piece of article that was made for her to control? When did she become a witch that she must now seek to want to control her husband through any means, manipulating him through submission at that? What’s wrong with you?! If she submits to her husband, please let her do so for her own peace and salvation- because the Lord God commanded her to do so; NOT to control him. Dear sisters, Please let your husbands be controlled by their numero uno maker: Christ ALONE! ; only then can you have the peace and joy you seek, as Christ fulfills his purpose for him and through him. And please dear brothers, don’t go to an early grave trying to control and manipulate your wife. Seek Christ. Love her as commanded by Christ and let him do the handling and controlling. Dear husband and wife, you already have more than enough on your plate trying to sort out your own flawed self, don’t add more palava to it
A word(or many) is enough for the wise.
1. In everything, give thanks. Because, it could have been worse
2. Know and respect boundaries. The tongue and the teeth belong in the same mouth. But what happens when teeth cells grow in the tongue or when tongue cells grow in the teeth? It’ll be called cancer. If the parts of the mouth knows its boundaries and respects its( as close as its parts are) you should respect your boundaries with others, regardless of how close you are. Spouses take note!
3. Have low to zero expectations. Why? So as to avoid being disappointed later on. Zero expectations helps you to be more humble, have zero entitlement mentality( which is a form of pride) and helps you to be appreciative when people bless you or help you. Your only expectation should be from your maker.
4. If you are in a position of leadership or authority, watch yourself closely. Why? Because leadership automatically puts you in a pedestal. The problem with pedestals is that when you fall from it, your hurt will be much more compared to those who are not placed so high. Clothe yourself with humility, be sure to admit to mistakes; and be sure you are open to feedback from those you lead; be sure to remove the sycophants from your circle ( people who never challenge what you say, who will praise you and call you God) they are the ones that will ultimately kill you by setting you up.
5. Don’t seek and depend men’s praise. When they reject you( and they will eventually) it will destroy you
6. Be down to earth. Don’t claim to be or have something you’re not. Announcing yourself before you’re due will ALWAYS get you in a lot of trouble. Stay humble and mind your business.
7. Lastly, acknowledge the Lord in all you do- Even when you feel you know the way, acknowledge him to direct your path
So these are some major life lessons I have been privileged to learn. Hope it helps you to avoid some of life’s major pitfalls. Have a great Thanksgiving